Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Buying Books and Taking Pictures

Yesterday my granddaughter came over and we ordered her college texts from Amazon. After that I asked her to model for me again. She put on both the "plain" jacket and the "scrappy"  jacket
and made both of them look great.               


                






A few weeks ago two of my friends came over and told me about a vest pattern that they had seen on a woman. The vest had a long "V shape collar type, hood type thing" going down the back. One of my friends even drew a picture of it. I had some extra felt that I
 didn't have plans for so I decided to try making a vest with this v shape collar hood type thing on it. Why not? So I made 3 of them.


 The body of the vests was made of very soft merino wool that was multicolored in plums, pinks and blacks. The collars were made of whatever I had on hand that looked okay with the felt. Rachael made them look great.


She also modeled a couple of the purses that I had been playing with. They were the ones that had the silk metallic fabric in them. I used Heather's idea for purse handles, and felted over cotton cording. It made a great, secure handle.

Now, I have no idea what to charge people for my goods as a vendor at the fair. We are in a recession and I know that folks don't have as much money on hand as they did. Any ideas out there?

5 comments:

  1. Love all your new work. Good of your Granddaughter to model the garments for you. Have sent an email about your last question. Good luck with the show and do charge enough for all the hard work and creativity you have put into your amazing garments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new vests! And the bags. Pricing is always a nightmare. On the odd occasion that I have sold a painting I have never known how to charge. Not very helpful I'm afraid. I hope you have a good show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I am so late with a comment, somehow I missed this post sooner. Good luck at the fair. Pricing is tough. They say to take the cost of your goods and multiply it by 3 to get your cost of sale. I have always played it by the seat of my pants and mostly just guessed at a price that I could live with. It also depends on if you have to pay a percentage to someone else for a booth fee or a store percentage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the input and the encouragement. I appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. unbelievabel....I made tree of them...what working spirtit
    Really so beautiful..as your granddaughter.

    love
    yvette

    ReplyDelete