Monday, April 19, 2010

Beauty Is In the Eye

I made some new nuno felt the other day out of rose and teal wools. This time I put some teal colored lace in between my layers of wool, and only put a light layer of wool over the lace. I love the way it turned out, however, my camera never takes a picture that does the colors justice. To me the piece looks very vintage, due to the colors and the lace, something you might find in an old attic, but not all bleached out. Some of the ends of the lace had come out of the wool so I just powered up my sewing machine and did one of my fancy embroidery stitches around all of the little lace spots so that it would look like I had planned it the whole time.  I put rose colored stitches around the rose and teal around the teal. I didn't want to spoil the piece by making it look gaudy. I am going to make another piece just like it and then think of something to make out of it. It will have to be something small, like a vest.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog. I love the colour combinations of this piece of felt.

    ReplyDelete