Friday, March 5, 2010

Little Successes


It is nice to be able to say that your camera doesn't do your scarf justice, and this time it's true. The texture and color have both been lost in this picture.
In my last post I had just started to try nuno felting again and was slowly getting the feel of it. This is still happening, but I am feeling more successful. Since beginning I have watched many of the YouTube tutorials on nuno, and  watching other felters has been great. Every person has their own special little idiosyncracies, but that's the great part. Even thought the approaches are different, the product still comes out very nice. That gives me hope that there is no one perfect style, because I never will be perfect. I love the process, the feel and the mystery of not knowing what you have until the very end when the scarf is unveiled. And even then there is still mystery, because the scarf when dried looks so much different than when it was still wet. What an exciting process.

No comments:

Post a Comment