Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Non-sequential Journal

The last time that I posted a blog I wrote about being a non-sequential teacher. Well now I have come to the conclusion that I have just plain lost the ability to follow directions. Or possibly lost the ability to follow a sequence of actions unless I really want to concentrate that hard, or it really means that much to me, or...At any rate, the whole time that I was in Egypt I had to struggle to listen to the information that the Egyptologist was giving us. Granted, there was a lot of information to absorb, so many kings and queens and gods and hieroglyphics, etc. But that is no excuse, I can take notes just like anyone else. I just enjoyed looking out the windows of the bus and day dreaming, letting my right brain go wandering. And where does this show up most? In my beautiful journal of course. The one that I talked about in my last blog. The one that I put the beautiful nuno silk on. I am now going to have to figure out how to deal with crossed out pages because I couldn't keep straight what we did from day to day. Every day was so filled with exciting adventures that when I wrote them down, usually a day late, I had forgotten and mixed up the sequence.
How is it possible to forget the adventures of yesterday when you have ridden a camel or gone up in a hot air balloon, or gone into a pyramid, or visited a temple, or gone into ancient tombs with fantastic hieroglyphics, etc., etc.... You get the point. At any rate, I will now have to fix my lovely journal with a well placed picture or three to make up for the cross outs here and there. 
I bartered for some great cotton and silk which I will be using in my next projects. They are not exactly what I was looking for, but they will do for now. The spice market that we went to only had one small fabric shop. I had a great time meeting and dealing with the owner and his son. When bargaining they started very high in the price, and the game was to come in with a price that we could both live with. I got a good bargain and so did they. 









No comments:

Post a Comment