Monday, July 12, 2010

A New Pattern and A New Tower


My computer was getting very slow and also starting to get very cranky, so I decided to get a new tower for my PC. I did this without a lot of thought as to the ramifications and did I ever pay for my thoughtlessness. My new tower did not support my small, outdated wireless adapter that allows me to get internet. I had "upgraded" from Windows XP to Windows 7 and most of my software did not work. But now most of that is in the past and I am able to reorganize all of my computer stuff, if I take the time to do it.

In the meantime I got a new pattern from a friend and started making a new jackety shawl. I played with several different sizes, and varieties of color and decoration. Next I will play with the collar, removing it from the garment to change the neckline. What fun to play with such glorious colors, using the imagination, and just going with it with no constraints. I just wish that I had a thinner model to display them. My diet isn't!!!














2 comments:

  1. Hi, I have just spent a rather delightful 15 minutes reading and looking at your blog. I love your garments, are they wet felted or nuno felted? I have done a tiny bit of felting but have not attempted any garments with it. Anyway, thanks for entertaining me during my lunch break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the trouble with your computer, hope all is well now. More lovely jackets. I went to a big art show last week and saw a felted jacket, so I took a photograph for you, will blog about it soon.

    ReplyDelete